Model Audit Rule Financial Reporting Controls Compliance
Since 2010, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has required all private insurance companies with direct premiums written and assumed in excess of $500M per year to adopt enhanced governance and reporting standards. Section 16 of the Model Audit Rule (MAR) requires an annual assessment of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), with many similarities to Section 404 of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act. MAR is specific to Statutory reporting, not GAAP reporting which can present some challenges for Audit Committees and Management in understanding exactly what is required to comply.
Our team of experts will help you to:
- Understand exactly what is required of the Act and help you to design a cost effective plan to comply.
- Work closely with you to develop or review your existing Risk Assessment for compliance. If one has already been performed, we can provide you with an independent perspective regarding your continued compliance efforts.
- Execute an Entity Level Assessment which is the basis of a top down risk based approach to completing all other components of compliance.
- Assist with Process Documentation, Control Design and Testing of Key controls utilizing automated tools and leveraging our expert resources which will dramatically reduce the level of compliance effort and cost.
- Work closely with management and functional process owners in remediating areas of deficiency.
- We will recommend ways you can leverage your existing technology as much as possible. We employ experts who have worked with a wide range of ERP systems who you can rely on and will help you streamline your operations throughout this exercise.
By submitting your email address, you acknowledge that you have read the Privacy Statement and that you consent to our processing data in accordance with the Privacy Statement (including international transfers). If you change your mind at any time about wishing to receive information from us, you can send us an email message using our Contact page.