Every organization collects a great deal of confidential information about clients, customers, finances, development research and so on. This information is not only critical to ongoing operations, but if it is accessed by a cyber-thief or a competitor, irreparable harm in terms of financial or reputational loss could ensue.
Threats to your confidential information are becoming more aggressive and more effective. Breaches are regularly disclosed in the public forum by self-effacing companies or institutions. Having a robust cyber security system that is regularly audited and improved has become a competitive advantage in some industries.
Our IT Governance Risk and Security (IT GRS) division helps organizations address strategic information and technology risks at the entity, business process and application level. We provide NERC, FERC, FISMA, HIPAA and PCI-DSS solutions that keep our clients in compliance in an efficient and sustainable way.
Our consultants have deep expertise in providing vulnerability assessments, pervasive cyber-security risk assessments, penetration testing, incident response and advising on best-in-class governance approaches. We can assist you with:
- Attack and Penetration Assessments
- HIPAA Compliance
- Incident Response
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance
- Security Risk Assessment
Contact one of our highly qualified IT professionals today.
Attack and Penetration Assessments
Our Network Vulnerability Analysis and Penetration services evaluate and test your organizations system of security controls from an external attacker’s perspective. “Could a malicious individual obtain unauthorized access to your network from the Internet or other external sources?
Our highly skilled Information Technology Security Professionals help you evaluate and test the security of your network infrastructure utilizing the latest vulnerability testing tools and techniques.
Our services include helping you to:
- Footprint and gather public information to create a detailed blueprint of your company’s network and its Internet security profile.
- Identify and test potential Web based vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and X-cross site scripting.
- Uses structured methodologies, public tools, and our proprietary toolset to identify domain names, networks, and IP address ranges associated with your company. Techniques include querying InterNIC and American Registry for Internet Numbers databases.
- Scans the external/Internal network for known vulnerabilities with commercial and proprietary tools.
- Exploit potential vulnerabilities to gain access to your internal network. Our consultants will attempt to gain privileged access to a target by exploiting the identified vulnerabilities.
Perform external penetration tests based only on the public knowledge available from the internet.
Control Solutions International are experts on all HIPAA related compliance issues, documentation and training and have been assisting clients solve these issues since its implementation in 1996.
Our expert consultants have been engaged by a wide variety of clients covering insurance providers, health care providers and managed care organizations.
Contact us to find out more.
Hackers have become very sophisticated and cyber attacks are constantly making headlines. Bottom line – Cyber crimes continue to increase with no foreseeable end in sight. In addition, the regulatory landscape continues to change with new privacy laws, or amendments to existing privacy laws which create new risks and challenges organizations must address effectively or increase their reputational risk or potential loss in profits.
Cyber attacks and identify theft are the fast growing issues of the information age. Our highly expert Information Technology Security Professionals work closely with clients in solving the following pains:
- Understanding the regulatory landscape surrounding various privacy issues.
- Evaluating existing policies and practices which address privacy concerns. We quickly conduct a comprehensive gap analysis or “snapshot” for management at any point in time.
- Work closely with you to address existing gaps within your Information Security environment.
- Utilize the latest tools and software in conducting attack and penetration testing to ensure your overall environment is protected.
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance
Credit card companies mandate compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) for any company processing over a certain amount of credit card information and recommend compliance to all other companies processing credit card information. PCI DSS are administered by the Payment Card Industry Security Standard Council (PCI SSC) founded by American Express, VISA, MasterCard, JCB and Discover Financial Services.
Simply put, this means that almost all companies that accept credit card payments must comply with PCI DSS. Non-compliance can result in substantial fines and penalties for the organization, as well as, damage to a company’s image and reputation. Compliance will help insure information and data security for your company’s customers who use credit cards as a form of payment at the point of sale or over the internet.
Control Solutions International provides Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) and Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) services to organizations that store, process, and/or transmit payment card data. These services provide organizations the confidence that their payment card data processes and systems are not only compliant with PCI DSS, but protected from the threats of theft and fraud.
How Control Solutions International can help you comply with PCI DSS
Vulnerability Scans and Annual Penetration Tests
Validating a merchant or service provider’s adherence to the PCI Data Security Standard by:
- Performing quarterly vulnerability scans of your external-facing environments
- Conducting annual penetration tests required by the PCI DSS
Annual On Site Assessments
Working directly with merchants and service providers to achieve and maintain compliance with the requirements and sub-requirements of the PCI DSS, including:
- Comprehensive assessment and audit methodology
- Compliance reporting and explanation
- Assessment report with practical mitigation strategies
- Subject matter experts with industry experience and practical application of the PCI DSS
PCI Self Assessment Assistance and Readiness Assessments
- Guiding organizations through the process of PCI self assessment and provide experienced insight into the PCI DSS requirements.
- Helping your organization prepare for a PCI assessment by (1) determining if controls and configurations are in place to promote PCI DSS compliance; (2) identifying and prioritizing PCI compliance initiatives; (3) identifying risks that are important to your business’ (4) developing strategies for continuous compliance and monitoring.
Contact us to find out how we can help your company become PCI compliant.
Security Risk Assessment
Risks often work in concert and across divisions and functions to effect a negative consequence. Rarely is it just one big thing that “brings a company to its knees”. Poor execution within a key business process combined with an unforeseen product release by a competitor and a bankruptcy filing by one of your biggest customers – the damage may be containable if one of these events were to occur, but what if they all occur over a short period of time or even a 12 month period? An effective Enterprise Risk Assessment not only captures risks faced by an organization, but also demonstrates how these risks work together and how one risk may lead to another across departments and functions.
We provide our clients with practitioner expertise in working with them to build enterprise risk assessments that are continuously relevant to the organization, and assist executive teams in understanding not only what should not go wrong but also what needs to go right for your company to reach its objectives in the most efficient and effective way possible.
Contact our Enterprise Risk Management practice leaders to learn more.