Our team of Financial Institution Regulatory Compliance (FIRC) experts have been assembled to address nearly every regulatory challenge faced by firms within the Banking, Non-bank Mortgage and Insurance industries. Companies from every industry recognize the importance and challenge of facilitating compliance with changing regulations while growing or maintaining profit levels and value.
Today, financial institutions face a unique and demanding regulatory environment. Recent events behoove financial institutions to transparently demonstrate that they are not only compliant but have the right people, processes and systems in place to ensure compliance with regulations is sustainable. We are dedicated to helping organizations identify, remediate, monitor, and manage regulatory compliance risks in addition to coordinating your organization’s people, processes and technologies to improve effectiveness and help manage costs.
- Mortgage Compliance Services
- FDIC Loss Share Assistance
- AML\BSA\OFAC Compliance
Mortgage Compliance Services
The CFPB and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) are aggressively enforcing existing law, and these agencies will seek to enforce new and more stringent rules through examinations that will evaluate both compliance with the letter of the law as well as the quality of the servicer’s operational systems, internal processes and procedures.
Along with regulatory sanctions and fines also comes negative publicity and reputational damage. Efficient and robust compliance programs enable financial institutions to understand vulnerabilities, identify control gaps, effect remediation on time and manage the multitude of risks and regulatory requirements.
Our professionals bring value for clients through the economies and efficiencies afforded by their knowledge and experience. Our team of Financial Institution Regulatory Compliance (FIRC) experts has been assembled to address nearly every regulatory challenge faced by firms within the Banking, Non-bank Mortgage and Insurance industries. We understand fully that every engagement we perform must be performed with greater thoroughness and efficiency than our competitors; and that every engagement we perform must cater perfectly to our clients’ needs and provide top-shelf value. This is why we have taken the time and been exceedingly diligent in putting together a team with significant experience and qualification for the projects we undertake.
Many within the FIRC team have had careers as IRS agents, long standing employment with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), careers working for large banking institutions and careers which focus on commercial and residential lending. Our staff has provided to Governments, large and smaller banks, credit unions, money service providers, mortgage brokers and dealers. We will assist you in remediation requirements or building a strong compliance program with the intention of preventing non-compliance with laws, statutes and regulations, as well as, avoiding regulatory action or fines.
Our Mortgage Compliance related services include:
- CFPB preparedness plans
- Foreclosure reviews and audits
- SCRA compliance reviews
- Forensic file reviews – fees, underwriting decisions and GSE regulation compliance
- Remediation development and implementation process plans
- Procedure and policy review, remediation plan and development
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Fair Lending compliance assessment
- TILA, FCRA, HMDA and all other Regulations
- Stress testing (limited or full scope) assets
- Pre- and Post-Close, GSE, FHA & Regulatory Quality Control
- Sample Selection (random, statistical, adverse)
- Data Integrity (Stress Testing Preparation)
- Policies & Procedures Compliance
- Credit & Compliance Guideline/Regulation Adherence
- Fraud Review
FDIC Loss Share Assistance
Control Solutions International, as a market leader, provides our clients with significant experience with the many challenges presented to them when in the role of an acquiring institution as part of the FDIC Loss Share Program (LSP).
Our consultants are highly experienced FDIC trained professionals, all of whom understand the intricacies of the Loss Share agreements and can help our clients navigate through the details so that they can ensure compliance with the LSP.
Control Solutions International has implemented effective recovery plans and policies for our clients which have ensured the best recovery possible for the FDIC.
We assist our clients in:
- Auditing of Previous Certificates of Claims
- Developing Resolution Plans
- Preparing Certificates of Claims
- Facilitating Exit Plans
We are focused on providing independent, sustainable, cost effective services centered on building integrated risk-based Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) programs. Our programs address the requirements stated under the Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), including AML provisions under the U.S. Patriot Act of 2001.
Increasing sophistication and boldness to disguise the true ownership of funds by “laundering” criminally gotten gains through legitimate financial institutions has led to the recent surge in regulatory enforcement actions and media focus on anti-money laundering (AML). Financial institutions are now under increasing pressure to prevent, detect and report suspected illegal activity. As a result, many organizations are re-evaluating their AML compliance programs.
Along with regulatory sanctions and fines also comes negative publicity and reputational damage. Efficient and robust AML compliance programs enable financial institutions to understand vulnerabilities, identify control gaps, effect remediation on time and manage the multitude of risks and regulatory requirements.
Our professionals bring value for clients through the economies and efficiencies afforded by their knowledge and experience. Our AML Team includes accountants, auditors, IT professionals, former governmental and quasi governmental regulatory professionals, former federal law enforcement, financial service experts, and BSA-AML enterprise wide risk assessment and audit professionals.
Our staff has provided anti-money laundering services to Governments, large and smaller banks, credit unions, money service providers, mortgage brokers and dealers, global insurance organizations, global investment banking firms, hedge funds and prepaid card service providers. We will assist you in remediation requirements or building a strong AML program with the intention of preventing illegal attacks your institution might be subject to, as well as, avoiding regulatory action or fines. Our AML related services include:
- AML Training and Development
- AML Risk Assessments and Audits
- AML Program Development of Policies and Procedures
- Money Laundering-Terrorist Financing Risk Assessment
- Financial Service Partner-Client AML Risk and Compliance Evaluation
- AML-Terrorist Financing prevention and monitoring of prepaid card services and ATM’s
- Evaluation and Development of suspicious activity detection systems
- Writing and auditing SARS and SUB SARS
- AML Know Your Customer (KYC) Assessments and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) services
- AML transaction analysis and look backs including forensic look backs pursuant to any Governmental or Regulatory Cease and Desist order or Monetary Regulatory Fine
- Consulting and advisory services on FinCEN’s new and ongoing regulatory rules including the new regulation requiring all non-banks residential mortgage lenders and originators to develop and implement AML compliance programs and a SARS policy and procedures
Our team of professionals can help you:
- Perform independent testing
- Create cutting edge and/or enhance existing risk assessment methodologies
- Evaluate processes to increase effectiveness, sustainability and efficiencies
- Develop customized training to directors, senior management and employees
- Provide remediation services for regulatory issues
- Utilize data analytics to enhance monitoring and reporting requirements
- Remediate data quality to improve AML control process effectiveness
- Develop written policies and procedures